Welcome to Shock Stores Size Guide! We measure all of our products in order to make it easier for you as a customer to find the right size. Under this section you will find advice and learn how we measure our products. If you are unsure about your own size, just grab a measuring tape and a piece of clothing, similar to the one you want to buy, which fits you well. If you want to shop a leather jacket you should measure a leather jacket, if you measure a quilted down jacket, the measurements will not be the correct ones.
How to measure
Lay out the piece of clothing on a straight surface without stretching it. Look at the pictures to learn how we measure and do the same thing. Compare your measurements with the ones on the piece of clothing to check whether or not it will fit you. Remember that there is never any guarantee that a product will fit you since each and every one is a unique creation.
- Arm Length: Measure from the stitches under the armpit down to the end of the sleeve.
- Chest Width: Measure from the stitches under one armpit to the other one. Then double the result.
- Width of the bottom: Measure from one edge to the other one at the bottom of the piece of clothing. Then double the result.
- Length of the piece: Measure from the top of the shoulder down the where the piece ends.
Trousers & Shorts
- Waist measurements: Measure from one edge of the waist to the other and double your result. Remember to not stretch the material if it is stretchy.
- Inner legs: Measure from the stitches on the fork down until the bottom of the legs.
- Outer legs: Measure from the waist until the bottom of the leg.
Waist measurements: Measure from one edge to the other edge on the part where the waist will be and double the result.
- Chest: Measure from one edge to the other one across the chest and double the result.
- Garment length: Measure from the top on the shoulder until the bottom of the garment.
Skirts & Kilts
Waist measurements: Measure from the edge of the waist to the next one and double the result. Remember not to stretch the garment, if it is stretchy.
- Length of garment: Measure from the waist down to the bottom of the garment.
- Height: Measure the bag from the base to the top.
- Width: Measure the bag from edge to edge at its broadest part.
- Thickness: Measure from edge to edge where the bag is the thickest.
Measure from where the belt begins until the most inner hole. Then measure from the beginning of the belt until the largest hole. The buckle does not count.
Hats & Caps
Measure across the inside of the hat or cap to get the diameter. Multiply the diameter by 3,14 to get the circumference.
Measure across the inside of the ring to get the diameter. Multiply the diameter by 3,14 to get the circumference.
Shoes – Ladies Size Guide
Shoes – Mens Size Guide